University of Ilorin, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Physical Planning Unit
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
Department: Physical Planning Unit.
Consolidated Tertiary Institution Salary Structure: (CONTISS) 15
- Applicants must possess SSCE/GCE (O/L) or Its equivalent with at least five (5) credits in the relevant subjects including English and Mathematics plus a good University first degree or HND or its equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Engineering.
- Applicants must have professional qualification in relevant fields i.e. ANIQS, ARCON, COREN plus at least sixteen (16) years post-registration working experience, in a University.
- A Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree or its equivalent is essential for an Architect.
- Applicants must have NYSC certificate and must be computer literate;
- Applicants should be of good health, sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity;
- Applicants should have been at the level of Deputy Director of Physical Planning Unit in a University for a minimum of five(S) years; and
- Applicants must not be older than sixty (60) years.
Tenure and Condition of Service
- Directorship of Non-Academic Units shall be for the period of four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for another four (4) years only.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit to the Registrar a set of their credentials and twenty-five (25) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae which will include the following information in the order listed below:
- Full Name
- Post Desired and Department
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- Cell Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications and Professional Qualifications
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Professional Bodies and (with date)
- Working Experience with evidence (General and Specific with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Any other relevant information; and
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (two of whom must be professionals or authorities in relevant fields),
Applications and Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded in a sealed envelope marked “Application for the Post of Director of Physical Planning Unit.” directly to:
University of Ilorin,
- Applicants should also request each of their referees to send his/ her referee’s report, under confidential cover, direct to the Registrar marked ” Referee’s Report for the post of Director of Physical Planning Unit.”
- Only short listed Applicants will be invited for interview.