Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a reputable national indigenous non-governmental organization implementing a USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at national, state, local and levels.
WEWE seeks application from qualified persons for the vacant position in the USAID-funded LOPIN-2 project:
Job Title: Communications Officer
- Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is soliciting for a qualified individual to fill the position of Communications Officer in a 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and River States’.
- The candidate must be an individual who has a passion to work with vulnerable children in helping to increase WEWE visibility and promote the LOPIN 2 project impact by facilitating effective communication processes around our four (4) project states and through our online/media platforms.
- The Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications Specialist to ensure relevant and current information is circulated to all teams and stakeholders through effective communication processes.
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies, short documentaries
- Update and maintain WEWE website, social media platform and blog
- Engage with mainstream media (electronic and print) to increase WEWE visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing)
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Organize external senior management meetings, coordinate and manage protocol for high delegation meetings and manage press for public interviews for WEWE LOPIN management
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of a university Degree or its equivalent with First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, Mass Communication, Journalism, or any Social Science related fields.
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw,
- Experience in Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, Word Press, Professional Photography with ability to use graphics
- Extremely strong in writing and oral English language with particular skill strong scientific and research writing skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV’s and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for and the location in the subject line of the email. All applicants are advised to include functional emails/mobile phone number as well as full contact information for at least three referees on CV.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.