Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cartoonist
Location: FCT Abuja
WEWE is currently implementing a comprehensive USAID-funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project called Local Partners Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable Children in Nigeria (LOPIN-2) in partnership with local and international organizations as well as different tiers of the Government of Nigeria at National, State, and local levels. WEWE is also implementing the Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement (SACE) Local Capacity Plus project.
We are looking for someone like you to help us reach our goal “to be the most financially compliant and transparent local NGO in Nigeria and Africa, reaching millions of orphans and vulnerable children with support”.
We are seeking to engage an experienced cartoonist to draw pictures for community Gender- based violence education and volunteer home visit guide under its 5-year USAID funded project called ‘Local Partner for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN) Region 2 Project currently being implemented in four states Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and River.
If you share our ideology and you can help us, don’t hesitate to apply.
- Sketches and submits cartoon for our Gender-based violence and volunteer home visit guide for approval.
- Develops personal ideas for cartoons or reads written material to develop ideas
- Makes changes and corrections to cartoon drawing as necessary.
- Creates and prepares sketches and model drawings of characters, providing details from written material.
- Develops color patterns and moods and paints background layouts to dramatize action for animated cartoon scenes.
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum of University graduate, other relevant qualifications in areas bordering Studio Art, Art History, Drawing, Animation, Graphics or Business of Art will be an advantage.
We offer very competitive salary.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Cover Letters and CV’s in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for and the location in the subject line of the email.
- All applicants are advised to include functional emails/mobile phone number as well as full contact information for at least three referees on CV.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.