Women for Women International (WfWI) – In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Empowerment Trainer
Location: Jos, Plateau
Reports To: Social Empowerment Officer
Duration: Contract (5 months)
- Social Empowerment Trainers are responsible for the implementation of the one-year training curriculum.
- Each Social Empowerment Trainer will manage a caseload of program participants according to organizational standards.
- In addition, the Social Empowerment Trainer is responsible for informing participants about services in the community that may benefit them, reporting on the progress of the participants as required.
- Plan and prepare for each lesson.
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
- Plan weekly, monthly and annual training schedules in collaboration with other staff and trainers from other departments, as appropriate.
- Participate in continuing education workshops as required to increase professional knowledge and capacity.
- Identify and source additional training aids and materials as appropriate.
- Orient new participants about program rules and goals.
- Deliver all lessons from the WfWI Social Empowerment s curriculum according to an established schedule.
- Provide information to participants about other services provided by the organization such as vocational training, business skills training or numeracy training.
- Provide information to participants about services of partner organizations or other community services such as microcredit, legal aid, health care, counseling, etc.
- Provide translation and interpretation services, as required.
- Assist in the delivery of sponsorship funds to the participants, as required, by following the internal procedures established by the organization to verify delivery of funds and account for undelivered funds.
- Work in collaboration with other staff to document and report any change in program participant status (i.e., address change, name change, death, etc.)
- Keep management updated on problems or issues encountered in the field.
- Assist in community mobilization of participants in your assigned locations.
- Record attendance of participants at each training session.
- Contact participants who do not attend sessions to determine whether they should be dismissed from the program.
- Recommend women for dismissal from the program according to organizational guidelines.
- Gather information for and prepare updates on participants as needed.
- Record information about training sessions in trainer journal – including session topics, reactions to material, challenges and other relevant issues.
- Undertake written evaluation of each training session upon completion of training.
Letter Writing and Participant Stories:
- Deliver letters and translate to recipients.
- Assist participants with letter writing
- Inform women of new sponsors
- Make notes of interesting stories.
- Other Duties as assigned by supervisor.
- At least a Diploma; additional post-secondary studies an advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Ability to build rapport with participants and communities
- Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Email applications.
- High level of fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing) and fluency in Hausa language
Application Closing Date
18th March, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV’s and Cover Letter and three professional references to: email@example.com Please specify “Social Empowerment Trainer” in the subject line.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries please.