Risten Development Company Nigeria Limited is a wholly Nigerian owned Oil and Gas service company that provides quality technical services in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Ornithologist
The key responsibilities of the role will be to:
- Scope, design and plan ornithology survey programmes to industry best practice.
- Coordinate, manage and mentor a team of field-based ornithologists.
- Plan and allocate staff resources to projects to complete ongoing and forecasted workload.
- Input on and assist with the compilation of successful tenders to win work in a competitive market.
- Research and implement best-practice ornithology survey techniques and guidance for use in all work undertaken.
- Review ongoing field survey results and interpret for interim presentation to clients and with final project outputs in mind.
- Build strong relationships with clients, authorities and stakeholders, and proactively manage the client relationships to deliver the level of customer service expected.,
- Drive the adoption of the most efficient survey and data management techniques, including by using technology for capturing and recording field survey data.
- Guide and review reports prepared by other Ornithology team members and write report inputs commensurate with your level of expertise as Principal Ornithologist.
- Undertake specialist ornithology fieldwork commensurate with your level of expertise, as required in the fulfilment of the Principal Ornithologist’s role.
The key requirements of the post will be:
- A third-level qualification in ecology, environmental or natural sciences, or other related fields that give the candidate the necessary skills to fulfil the role.
- A minimum of 10 years’ post-graduate experience in fulfilling similar functions or in a similar consultancy or professional role.
- Experience of undertaking research projects in the field of ornithology, and utilising or developing best-practice survey guidelines.
- Experience of technical/scientific report writing.
- A proven track record at building long-term professional relationships with clients and key ornithology stakeholders.
- To already be or to be working towards becoming a person of recognised standing in the ornithology community.
- Commercially-savvy and business-minded.
- Demonstrable ability to manage the busy and varied workload of a busy team of ornithologists.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org