Risten Development Company Nigeria Limited is a wholly Nigerian owned oil and gas service company that provides quality technical services in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entomologist
- Designing, coordinating, and initiating testing program to characterize activity spectrum, non-target organism effects and ecological risk of new products
- Preparing and reviewing ecological risk assessment reports to support registration of biotechnology-derived products
- Driving and leading new considerations/tools for non-target organism bioassays and ecological risk assessment on case by case basis–e.g. new modes of action.
Required Education and Skills/Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Entomology, Ecotoxicology or related discipline
- Experience in designing and conducting laboratory and/or field studies to assess for potential adverse effects on insects
- Functional knowledge of biostatistics, experimental design, exposure assessment, and analytical methodology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project and time management abilities
- Agility to work on multiple projects and flexibility to meet business objectives
- Self-motivated and capable of functioning as an independent scientist while being able to work effectively in a team environment.
Desired Education and Skills/Experience:
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree
- Professional experience monitoring and conducting GLP ecotoxicology studies and conducting ecological risk assessments for crop protection products
- Knowledge and/or experience interacting with regulatory authorities and issue management
- Experience with Nigerian ecotoxicology test guidelines and risk assessment approaches for crop protection products including endangered species risk assessment
- Prior experience leading scientific initiatives across functional areas
- Prior experience with quality management systems such as ISO or GLP
- Prior experience working in Environmental industry.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org