Nairametrics is a leading financial resource company based in Nigeria. We provide our clients (including visitors to our website) with up to date business, investing and financial information from Africa’s largest economy. We also have a consulting arm that provides bespoke financial management services to clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Online Editor
Report: Reports directly to the Publisher
- Contribute requisite articles on the website on a daily basis
- Ensure articles and analysis are regularly published on the websites as stipulated
- Approve all in house and third party articles before they are published
- Supervise article contribution from staff writers and other employees
- Supervise field research/analysts and other freelance content providers
- Coordinate contribution of articles from content partners
- Source for guest/ghost writers and grow list of content partners
- Grow list of Nairametrics subscribers in line with target
- Develop strategies and ideas for improving web and brand presence
- Increase traffic (page views, visitors etc.) to the website in line with set targets
- Ensure articles on the website are of best quality
- Ensure that the website has the most recent relevant articles and news as they break
- Assist in making Nairametrics the number 1 website in Nigeria
- Assist with programming for Podcast, radio, TV and other shows
- Assist with developing new podcast, radio and TV shows on behalf of the company.
- Oversee social media activity of the website
- Any other job description as may be required.
- Relevant Tertiary Degree (B.Sc. or HND) in Marketing, Bbusiness Admin, Journalism etc.
- Experience in print media or any online blog or news website – 2 years minimum
- Experience Marketing and promotional activities
- Proficiency in the workings of social media
- Proficiency in English Language and good writing skills
- Ability to write in an engaging, descriptive and thought provoking manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Enviable charisma and ability to convince
- Self-motivated and innate drive to excel
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word.
- Quality of the articles, podcast, videos and resource in the website are of the highest quality
- Increase traffic, subscribers in the website
- Contribute to building the brand equity of the company
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org