Priority Recruitment Nigeria – Our client, a leading indigenous downstream Oil and Gas company in Nigeria, as a result of expansion and new business opportunities within the group, we seek for immediate employment professionals with cognate work experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group General Manager, Audit and Investigation
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- This position reports to the Group Executive Chairman (GEC) and is responsible for providing an independent and objective view on the activities of the SBUs and the Group, evaluating and improving the effectiveness of controls and governance processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop internal audit policies, strategies and action plans to promote a culture of transparency and accountability
- Monitor the implementation of the Internal Audit programmes to ascertain the degree of compliance with company approved policies and operating procedures, laws, regulations and code of good business practices
- Assess the effectiveness of established business control policies, processes and procedures and communicate identified weaknesses to management with appropriate recommendations
- Continuously review/assess the business and operational risks in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating measures
- Conduct follow up reviews and resolve control issues arising from internal and external audit exercises.
- Liaise with the Treasury and Financial Control team and statutory auditors to agree scope and information requirements for the successful conduct of the annual statutory audit programmes
- Supervise and coordinate year-end inventory count and periodic fixed asset verification exercises.
- Oversee and coordinate the preparation and execution of the internal audit plans/programs and ensure adherence to specified timelines and actions
- Approve and coordinate the conduct of investigations into suspected fraudulent/sharp practices across the group and recommend the appropriate line of action in response to findings.
- Allocate audit and investigation teams to Strategic Business Units and Business Support Services units for the interim and annual audits
- Generate necessary reports to management as at when required
- Perform other functions as may be delegated by the Group Executive Chairman (GEC)
Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Accounting or a Finance related discipline (Second Class Upper Division / HND Upper Credit)
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, 7 of which must have involved
- responsibility for managing internal control, audit and investigation in a similar company or other business within the oil and gas or banking/financial industry
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Certified Internal Auditor(CIA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline preferably Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of relevant spheres of refined petroleum products trading, operations, sales, marketing and management
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters and CV’s to: email@example.com using the job position as email subject