The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation/Electrical Technician
Job Reference: AET/02/2017
Functional Areas: Engineering
- The Automation/Electrical Technician reports to the Electrical Engineer.
- The key responsibilities is to carry out maintenance of all electrical/automation equipment (bottling and utilities) and their controls while ensuring high equipment reliability, high product quality, zero safety incidents and consistent delivery of budgeted volume targets.
- Do proper troubleshooting and repair of all electrical and automated machinery and all related controls.
- Ensure machine up-time at all time by ensuring continuous engineering response improvement.
- Drive loss elimination on all lines.
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly condition monitoring is carried out.
- Other duties or responsibilities specified by the superior, resulting from the actual and specific requirements of the job in a given location.
- Ensure that contractors that work on any electrical equipment work safely and comply with all safety rules within the plant.
- Ensure that all machine guards, safety switches and status indicators on all equipment are in place and functional.
- Ensure a clean uniform and the required PPE are used always.
- Ensure all equipment panels are numbered, clean, dry and closed all the time.
- Ensure proper technical tools management.
- Ensure all cables (power and control) are clean, terminals firmly secured, adequately glanded, properly labeled and well arranged in the cable trays and covered.
- Ensure all breakers and fuses are adequately rated and set, and no vibrating or humming contactors or relays in the panel
- Ensure all filters are clean and panel cooling ACs are working.
- Ensure all electric motors are numbered and labeled and the label MUST correspond with the identity in the manual and the contactors in the panel.
- Keep physical record of all electric motor on your line or assigned areas the record must indicate which motor has problems and how it was solved.
- All electric motors MUST have their fan blades in place and in good form with fan covers.
- All motors must be clean and must not overheat, MUST be IP55 compliance.
- Ensure routine electrical/ automation maintenance are carried out as at when due on all equipment.
- Document and sign off all maintenance activities.
Desired Candidate Profile:
- Experience needed 2 years.
- Relevant Technician Qualification preferably OND in Electrical Engineering or City & Guild part II or its equivalent.
- Basic Programmable Logic Control troubleshooting preferably Siemens S7.
- Instrumentation and Electro-pneumatics skills.
- Sound knowledge of electrical wiring diagram.
- Fair level of computer literacy.
- Good command of the English language.
- Proven problem solving skills must be minimum average.
- Basic understanding of bottling technology.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures.
- Basic organizational & time management skills.
- Knowledge of interpretation of policies, procedures and systems in manufacturing.
- Drive for results.
- Timely feedback giving skills.
- Teamwork skills/mindset and high integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to experiment and try new ideas.
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.