We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Acting Chief of Party
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Short-Term
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- DevTech is seeking an Acting Chief of Party for The MEL Activity who will provide strong program leadership and guidance in the absence of the Chief of Party for approximately one month, beginning early March–this position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- S/he will provide strong management support, supervise 6-8 technical staff and will actively participate in the daily management of the project.
- Provide support in organizational learning and knowledge management, and M&E.
- Support USAID/Nigeria during mid-course stocktaking for the CDCS, semi-annual portfolio reviews, four evaluations, and several data quality assessments.
- Master’s Degree in the Social Sciences, Organizational Learning, Knowledge Management, Public Administration, International Development, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ senior level experience in international development with a track record demonstrating strong management skills and a focus on knowledge management and/or organizational learning.
- Minimum 5-7 years as DCOP, minimum 2-3 years as COP or similar senior level position on a large, complex USG-funded program (preferred).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in M&E, qualitative and quantitative methods for data collection, and analysis.
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID Forward, contracting processes, reporting policies (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in varied cultural contexts.
- Strong oral English and writing.
- Strong presentation skills, charismatic speaker for presentations and forums with stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with demonstrated success in managing complex operational, logistical, and staffing needs in addition to having strong CLA and M&E knowledge and experience.
- Senior level experience in designing, implementing and managing complex, USAID-funded, monitoring and evaluation and/or development programs.
- Experience overseeing the work of and mentoring staff and local partners in support of capacity building efforts.
- Experience reporting effectively and comprehensively on complex portfolio of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- Experience in building an organizational culture of learning and a strong network of professional relationships with government and non-government stakeholders in a cross-cultural context.
- Experience in designing and implementing knowledge management and organizational learning interventions through discussions, seminars, and other forums.
- Experience working and/or living in Nigeria and/or other conflicted or post-conflict states (preferred).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online