The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Scope of Work
- The maintenance assistant together with his/her supervisor is responsible for managing the timely and proactive maintenance of office spaces, guesthouses, warehouses, equipment, tools, furniture, sanitation facilities, water points and related infrastructure in the IRC compounds.
- The position will maintain close working relationships with the maintenance officer, HR Admin department, field coordinators office and relevant others.
- The position will be based in Maiduguri with some travel to relevant field sites to provide technical support to the field-based supply chain staff.
- The position holder reports to the maintenance officer.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures all infrastructures with in office spaces are maintained and functioning at any given time. This is may include working rooms/spaces, doors, windows, hand washing facilities, latrines etc.;
- Ensure that facilities in guesthouses are at all times maintained and functioning. This may include maintenance of individual living rooms, doors, windows, hand washing facilities, latrines etc.;
- Manages the maintenance needs of all warehouses in the field office with the support of maintenance officer.
- Responsible for proactive maintains of equipment, tools, furniture, generators etc. in the office and at the guesthouses;
- Assist the Maintenance officer in managing all budgets related to maintenance requirements and raises timely PRs ;
- Prepares proactive maintenance plan and submits to the maintenance officer for approval;
- Maintains all necessary documentations with regard to maintenance.
- Support other IRC base locations with their maintenance need
- Prepare weekly and monthly report on maintenance and discuss with maintenance officer
- Be familiar with local regulations / laws.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Diploma/Secondary Certificate or Certificate in technical fields plus strong work experience
- Supply chain / logistics qualifications highly desirable.
- Knowledge of generic maintenance procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Three or more years work experience in maintenance.
- Strong technical skills in electric, water installations, metal, wood works or related works is required.
- Competent in spoken and written English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets, MS-Word.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Proactive way of handling things
- The position will work in the Maiduguri Field Office.
- Competitive Monthly salary,
- 13th Month Salary Inclusive,
- Health Insurance Coverage for Family, Pension, Creche Facilities available for Women with babies under 24 Months.
Application Closing Date
28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications addressed to “The Senior Admin/HR Manager, International Rescue Committee” by e-mail to: IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org
Hand delivered application should be sent only to the IRC Field Office in Maiduguri, Borno.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated for Interview.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- However, People from Borno are encouraged to apply and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.