EME Consulting is an active consulting firm providing services in Civil, Architectural and Mechanical Engineering from the initial investigation stages, through feasibility studies, outline planning, production of detailed designs, preparation of contract documents, and evaluation of tenders to supervision of construction in property sector through public private partnerships and privately funded initiatives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Safety Officer
- EME Consulting has a need to reinforce its resource to meet client’s requests; hence we seek to recruit site safety officer. The candidate will normally be site based and work within a project team.
- Performs environmental hazardous materials monitoring and follow-up for corrective action plans.
- Assists with development of a safety, emergency management, and disaster plans and its reviews annually.
- Assists in the development and implementation of safety policies/procedures, safety education, and hazard surveillance programs
- Organize job specific training seminars with emphasis on hazards, personal and equipment safety
- Ability to confer with and direct subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction
- Reviews Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA) and conducts routine safety meetings and inspections
- Ability to confer with superintendent, subcontractors and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods
Required Qualifications / Skills
- Applicant must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective report writing
- Be energetic, self-motivated with problem solving capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or a related field of study.
- 3-4 years of experience in construction safety and Quality Assurance.
- Candidate should have knowledge of Microsoft office programs including, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Prior experience preferred in an environmental, construction, or safety related field
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to analyze, and interpret contract documents, engineering reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals
N150, 000 – N160, 000.
Application Closing Date
24th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org