Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client is a product handling organisation incorporated to provide value added Logistics and distribution service through the Supply Chain from source to destination.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of HSSEQ
Job Reference: 1395
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Function: HSE & Security
- To actively support in the planning, directing and managing of the Corporate HSSEQ management system.
- Provide appropriate safety and health initiatives, accident prevention programme, and investigation of incidents
- Put in place HSSEQ action plan and implement it
- Agree target with Head of Department
- Agree annual HSSEQ plan with Head of Department and follow up on implementation
- Update HSSEQ policies, procedures and manuals based on the company’s HSSEQ MS with adequate communication within and outside
Audits and Management Review:
- Implement a database tracking system to monitor the implementation of remedial actions (audits, HSSE cases, incidents, drills, potential incidents and HSSE meetings)
- Audit plans (internal and external) carried out on time
- RAPs of external audits closed on time
- Quarterly critical review of HSSE data carried out regularly (before 15th of month following end of quarter)
- Implementation of all audits recommendations reviewed quarterly by line managers and a report issued follows through to ensure close out of 75% PI’s reported with more than 75% attendance at Safety Assembly
Management of Overall HSSEQ Function Including:
- Implementation and Monitoring
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSSEQ performance
- Ensure that 90% of the HSSE annual plan is implemented
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with Head of HSSEQ on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team
- Manage the performance of managers and team members within the department through the formal performance management system
- Self development and continuing personal development
- A first degree from a recognized institution or a relevant postgraduate business qualification (MBA or equivalent tertiary qualification)
- Minimum of 10 years HSSEQ experience. 5 years of which must be Oil and Gas experience. Of the 10 years’ experience, at least 3 years must have been spent in a senior management role.
- Professional membership or registration in Nigerian Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP)
- Minimum of NEBOSH IGC/OSHA Certificate
- Knowledge in Corporate HSSEQ management, Operations, Safety audits, Management Information Systems.
- Budget planning & preparation
- Planning & organizing
- Project management
- Strategic planning & development
- Must be customer focused
- Ability to deliver results
- Open to learning
- Have professional confidence
- Must be a strategic thinker
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online