Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client is a product handling organisation incorporated to provide value added Logistics and distribution service through the Supply Chain from source to destination.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Fleet Maintenance
Job Reference: 1394
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Function: Supply chain
- To plan, direct and manage the performance of the maintenance unit, as dictated by the overall business strategy, so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the agreed business strategy.
Strategy Formulation & Implementation:
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the company maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability and returns to its shareholders.
- Liaise with other departments’ heads on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans.
- Develop, review, and report on fmu’s strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by team members.
- To produce an Annual Business Plan for the company and after approval ensures effective implementation.
- Make sure that the key performance indicators as Budgeted are maintained or improved upon.
- Ensure clear communications are maintained between team members, operations team, finance team, HSSEQ team, line management and vendors.
- Overall management of the fleet maintenance unit and ensuring compliance with the company’s health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Develop cost control and cost reduction strategies.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting returns on a period basis including performance to budget, cost factor/indications by vehicle.
- With inputs from the first line reporting Managers, prepare consolidated budgets, the Annual Business Plan, Period Performance Statements and Management Information. The over-riding controls with the budget compliance and cost indicators.
- Inaugurate a Performance Tracking System which includes the key performance indicators.
- Procure new fleet and arrange disposal of redundant vehicles.
- Ensure that all reporting systems are objective, accurate and timely.
- Recommend and Implement policies that will effectively address the systemic gaps, leakages identified during repairs and maintenance period.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with Head of HSSEQ on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Manage staff in line with the company’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manage performance of team members and ensure performance objectives are set in line with the company’s performance management policies and procedures.
- Ensure team members undertake training in line with individual personal development plans.
- Ensure effective supervision of team members is maintained at all times and particularly with new or inexperienced people.
- A good University degree in Finance.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) will be an additional advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a logistics company with the last three years in a management role.
- Possess a recognized certificate of professional competence in an appropriate discipline.
- Membership of an appropriate recognized professional body.
- Financial awareness and trainings.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good communication skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online