Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- Ensuring the proper implementation and completion of Project(s) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
Ensure Efficient, Effective, Quality and Timely Implementation of the Entire Project(s):
- Management of the entire project(s) cycle;
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP);
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your staff in order to achieve the activities in the PIP;
- Finalize and manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s);
- Ensure contractual activities are completed on time, within budget and with acceptable quality.
- Ensure that the project(s) is being implemented as per donor regulations;
- Take overall responsibility for the quality of the project(s) including regular monitoring, field visits and learning;
- Initiate and oversee needs and technical assessments and analysis, as well as preparing the follow up reports in coordination with the M&E Co and DCDs;
- Oversee the development of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning tools and plans in collaboration with the M&E coordinator;
- Identify and monitor risks, constraints or escalating issues and inform senior management accordingly;
- Identify and assign additional activities as required in coordination with the technical departments.
- Regular field visits to monitor the activities and their quality in compliance with proposals and in liaison with M&E department.
Manage and Develop the Project(s) Team:
- Ensure that all project(s) staff are provided with a full induction and are briefed on all relevant components of the project(s);
- Keep staff aware of any changes in the project(s) and in the wider organization;
- Ensure staff are aware of and operating by humanitarian principles and other codes of conduct;
- Identify need based trainings and work with HR team to develop, plan and implement relevant training plans for each team member.
- Facilitate cross program learning through joint review and planning with other departments
- Define objectives, update staff job descriptions and facilitate regular performance appraisals with support of the HR team.
- Ensure the provision of up dated records and reviews for team personnel reviews and records;
- Ensure availability of staff for necessary recruitment steps
- Manage conflict resolution and motivation exercises with the project(s) team in a proactive manner;
- Motivate, coordinate and supervise teams, providing continuous organizational support to staff and conducting regular field visits.
Maintain Comprehensive Records and Report in a Timely Manner:
- Develop a data collection and entry plan complete with tools and timeline that is integrated into the PSDs and PIPs (if not already included) in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy.;
- Globally manage and monitor data collection and entry as per plan; in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Maintain, document and handover all project(s) records in an organized and complete manner to enable audit of the project(s);
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports as requested;
- Track the progress of activities and outcomes as well as ensuring the tracking of relevant indicators;
- Completion of quality MEAL reports;
- Participate in the weekly coordination meetings, or other ad hoc internal meetings as requested;
- Prepare handover/end of mission reports to cover periods of leave and/or upon exit from the project(s).
Assist in Wider Organizational Development through Learning and Proposal Development Support:
- Identify, examine and report in a proactive manner any areas of geographic or sectoral growth for the organization;
- Contribute to overall project(s) design, activity implementation guidelines, training development, and documentation;
- Develop systematic mechanism for lesson learned about the programs to provide information to conduct advocacy activities, with periodic field visits to other project(s)s to strengthen across mission information and best practice sharing; and encourage the development of innovative approach
- Produce regular success stories on project implementation;
- Support wider learning by leading on project(s) based learning and research;
- Support development of project(s) proposals, concepts and improvements.
Manage External Relations Related to the Project(s):
- Represent AAH in external meetings as requested;
- Prepare and share minutes and clear action points of meetings/trainings attended;
- Coordinate with relevant UN agencies, government authorities and any other stakeholders to ensure support for the project(s) and the wider organization;
- Support Field Coordinator in liaising regularly with authorities and community representatives in relations to AAH programming and positioning;
- Represent AAH programs when and if necessary vis-a-vis donors during their field visits and other meetings;
- Promote and defend humanitarian and AAH principles;
- Develop an information (formal/informal) network.
You’re a seasoned Humanitarian professional:
- You have a Master’s Degree in project management, social sciences, health/nutrition, development or other related field.
- You have multisector project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO, preferably in a humanitarian or international development context.
- You are familiar with ECHO, EU, OFDA and/or DfiD reporting and regulations.
- You are experienced in providing technical support to teams and programs.
- You have a good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda and strong understanding of project cycle management.
You’re a super Communicator:
- You can provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
- You are diplomatic and can assist colleagues to handle difficult situations.
- You possess excellent management and representation competencies.
- You are excellent at influencing and negotiation.
- You have experience in managing medium to large-sized teams.
You’re passionate to develop strategies which have impact:
- You remain aware of changing humanitarian needs in Nigeria & how these may impact Action Against Hunger’s programs.
- You can develop and adapt strategic plans & proposals to ensure the mission’s objectives are achieved.
- You are able to consolidate contributions from a large team to ensure reports are comprehensive & coherent.
- You are willing to work in insecure context.
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package.
These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online