Tiskies – An African contemporary fashion outfit specializing in combining African fabrics with western materials to produce a well detailed mix of exquisite fashion for both men and women, is looking to recruit a suitable qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- Setting quality standards for the factory following buyer’s requirements and guidance for each departments and processes.
- Establish SOPs for production and preparatory processes to get right first time quality from each process. Develop MIS for quality measurement and recording quality.
- When established quality standards are there in a company they need to follow and control the factory quality standard.
- Monitor the quality of the product through the various stages of production.
- Auditing inward fabric and trims and ensuring only quality goods are accepted.
- Involvement in product development and sampling stage and take care of quality aspects of samples.
- Ensure that no faulty fabric is sent for cutting. If minor fault is present in the fabric, defects should be marked on the fabric and same thing must be communicated to cutting department.
- Preparing audit report of the fabric and trims quality.
- Conducting pre-production meeting before production start.
- Perform in-line inspection and end-of-line inspection in sewing floor.
- Perform inline inspection, pre-final audit and final inspection in finishing department.
- Audit of the packed goods prior to offering shipment to buyer QA.
- Responsible for analysis quality reports and prepare improvement plan.
- Ensuring the right quality of the outward garment by conducting quality audits in manufacturing process.
- Inspects garments during manufacturing operations to determine number of defects per worker
- Counts number of pattern parts and lays of cloth prior to cutting to ensure accuracy of cutting operation with minimum waste.
- Counts number of stitches per inch during sewing operation to detect inconsistencies in sewing machine settings.
- Folds collars in half to detect unevenness of attachment.
- Examines garment and parts for defects, such as unfinished raw edges, broken buttons or hooks, uneven stripes or plaids, puckers in seams, loose threads or stitches, or incorrect packaging assortment.
- Records number and type of defects for each worker.
- Returns rejected part or garment to department to be reworked.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven experience
- Understanding of quality standards
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven experience as Quality Control personnel
- Experience in reporting on key quality control metrics
- B.Sc/HND/OND in Audit, Quality Control/Assurance or any Fashion related courses.
Application Closing Date
9th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.