Job Title: Mechanical and Plumbing Technician
Department: Facilities Management
Reports to:Facilities Coordinator
- Supervises the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and plumbing systems and coordination of team members towards ensuring absolute service delivery
- Ensuring that Health & Safety is first and foremost in all work activities. And Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Provide technical guidance and support with Hands-on as the team installs, maintains, and repairs the building’s mechanical/plumbing systems and ensuring high standards.
- Carry-out daily facilities inspections using the Facilities inspection checklist to ascertain the conditions of all mechanical/plumbing systems within the facility.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of equipment and collation of data from this equipment where necessary tenable data trending for predictive maintenance strategy.
- Prepare all required reports on a weekly, daily and monthly basis OR as required. Review work documentation (service orders, work orders, etc.) and ensure they are completed on time, staffed properly and the quality of work meets contract requirements and approved standards.
- Review mechanical engineering drawings and refer issues requiring changes.
- Assign job tasks and work as per mechanical/plumbing project schedules.
- Provide technical support and hands-on of installation and workmanship & ensuring high standards for all Mechanical and Plumbing System
- Guide, train, and monitor assigned employees as required, these include mechanical/plumbing staffs, hired labor
- Supervise the installation, repair and maintenance of mechanical and water, plumbing systems; maintain records and files; prepare reports and ensure site documentation is kept up to date.
- Work with the facilities coordinator in the proper planning and development of work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of plumbing expenditures, and procedures for plumbing systems maintenance
- Work closes with the facilities coordinator in management and supervision of specialist subcontractors for jobs subcontracted (3rd party contractor)
- Ensure compliance with Design and agreed materials.
- Work closes with facilities coordinator in conducting the condition assessment on mechanical and plumbing equipment per time or as required
- Ensure a Proactive work structure and that installation work is completed within agreed programmed limits.
- Develop electrical material, labor forecasts, estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials. And ensure accurate database of mechanical/plumbing activities including material inventory records and electrical supplies
- Ensure that all assigned working tools are safely kept and maintained.
- Follow-up to ensure close-out of all user’s complaint on any mechanical and plumbing system related issues towards achieving 100% customer satisfaction
- OND, HND, Trade Test Certificate.
- 2-5 years mechanical and plumbing work experience.
- Manual dexterity and physical demand
- Mechanical know-how
- Good problem-solving skill
- Good communication skill
- Ability to work in a team.
- Working Condition includes foot and vehicle travel within the facilities for supervisory duties, communication with the other team member
- Physical demands include a lot of walking, climbing ladders to storage and as required, lifting, and bending, etc.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online