We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Graphic Artist
Ref Id: 1800326
Contractual Arrangement: Individual Service Contractor
Contract duration: 6 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- The Graphic Designer will support the WHO Nigeria Communications Team for successful implementation and publication of various communications/visibility products SHe will provide technical support to the design and implementation of the project work plans, maps, graphics, figures, publications, brochures, leaflets, banners, booklets, bi-monthly and annual report.
Description of Duties
- Design themes, Layouts, contents and covers of documents.
- Develop web interface and design for WCO website, operational databases in close collaboration with Web and Database Developers at AFRO
- Development and design maps, graphics, templates and tables, c) Modify graphics, figures and maps.
- Development of figures, including colours, fonts, graphics and layout, and resulting materials such as Newsletters, brochures, reports, banners, posters, fliers and booklets.
- Creation of graphic templates to be used for reports and presentations.
- Creation of brochures, business cards, information folders, publications, and other similar promotional materials related to the work of the WCO.
- Update and revision of existing publications, materials and graphics.
- Preparation of printing packages (all layout and design files) for printing of publications and other communication products (banners, posters, booklets, leaflets, books, calendars, bulletins, flyers, cards)
- Design templates for new publications and products in line with graphic guidelines and in close cooperation with responsible officers.
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, web and interactive presentations. This will require the graphic designer to provide technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards).
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions (design of CD/DVD packaging, graphic digitalization)
- Liaison with printers and other publish houses for printing and creation of materials.
- Safeguard and ensure that all publications, reports and products are produced in line with the WHO graphic guidelines;
- Maintain and further develop the graphic guidelines, in line with overall WCO directives
- Maintain templates (In-design, CorelDraw, Publisher Word, PowerPoint etc) and give technical support.
- Assist in establishing and be responsible for maintaining photo archive. Build local capacity
- Any other duties as may be requested.
- Essential: Bachelor degree in a discipline relevant to IT, Fine Arts and Graphic Design.
- Desirable: Certified degree in CAD (computer-aided design and drafting) software relevant to the production of maps and illustrations.
- Essential: Experience in working at different CAD environment, mainly at Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Illustrator andor Corel Draw and good knowledge at Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Approved experience should be provided in case of non-academic background.
- Desirable: Experience working with the UN or any international NGO
Use of language skills:
- Essential: Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online