Kogi State Government, under the Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources Lokoja, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Productivity Enhancement Specialist (State Project Office)
Function and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of State project coordinator, the incumbent will coordinate and identify productivity enhanced inputs, equipment and machines for all production nodes of value chains supported under this project.
- The incumbent will disseminate and follow- up on adoption of the improved inputs, eouioment and machine.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Master’s degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, Soil Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Mechanization, and other related disciplines.
- Experience working with agro-input or adviso& services companies, research institute or CG center
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in technology dissemination projects
- Ability to build partnership with research centers, extension organizations and technology innovation centers and agro-allied commercial technology businesses.
- Clear understanding of cropping calendar, weather information and climate smart agricultural practices
- Excellent understanding of value chain analysis, development and Good Agricultural Practices
Application Closing Date
2nd February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the address below addressed to the “Honourable Commissioner, Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources”:
The Officer of the Commissioner,
Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources,