Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 44 countries worldwide.
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the Feed the Future Nigeria Agribusiness Investment Activity in the capacity below:
Job Title: Chief of Party
- The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall management of the activity and should possess leadership, communication, and management skills necessary to develop, articulate, and implement a vision for the Activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Activity will address the constrains that hinder the overall agricultural business environment in Nigeria and improve the levels of agriculture-related investments. The Chief of Party will be responsible for meeting the following objectives:
- Promotion of smart and efficient policy and regulations within the agricultural finance sector,
- Mitigation of credit risks of agribusinesses and improvement in the services provided by financial institutions to agribusinesses, and
- Strengthen the readiness of agribusinesses to access and manage investments.
- Master’s degree, or higher, in agriculture, agronomy, economics, business administration, political economy, public administration, public policy, or related fields is required,
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of significant international experience and expertise in agricultural development, food security, and/or the private sector to successfully achieve meaningful and sustainable results is required;
- Extensive and substantive experience in working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government organizations (including private-sector associations and organizations) in managing international development assistance activities is required;
- Meaningful experience in Africa is required, demonstrated knowledge of West Africa and Nigeria is strongly preferred;
- Strong technical expertise in the areas of agriculture, agricultural economics, agricultural finance, and/or agribusiness is required;
- Demonstrated management skills and effective interpersonal skills are required; and;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required, knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online