Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Under the direct supervision of the Food Security Supervisor, The FS Officer is responsible for the qualitative, quantitative and timely implementation of the Food Security and Livelihood activities.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and Monitoring of the Food Security Activities:
- S/He implement the daily food security and livelihood activities according to the schedule.
- Respect the planning and set-up of the activities
- S/He takes part in the identification and registration of beneficiaries
- S/He contributes to the identification and registration of suppliers/ vendors on the market and to the monthly market assessment
- S/He actively takes part in the post distribution monitoring activities
- S/He collects any relevant information from the communities and partners
- Participate to all assessments for the projects or for new projects
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population.
- Ensure that beneficiaries and local populations understand the project goals and agree with the implementation process
- Actively participate to the good collaboration with local leaders
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activity
- S/He ensures the proper training and supervision of the community’s volunteers who take part in the project
- S/He organizes sensitizations for the beneficiairies or community’s members according to the identified needs
- Report to the FS supervisor on the progress of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, the quality of relations with beneficiaries.
- Collect, enter and analyse the necessary data according to the need of the project
- Extract and pass on statistics to the team supervisor, deputy program manager amd/or program mangaer
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her FS&L supervisor and PM
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Logistic & Administration:
- Under the responsibility of the FS supervisor, take part in logistical and administrative organization, planning, and preparation of the projects.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools used during on-site works
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs. The employee could be requested to perform other tasks as his/her Line Manager may judge necessary.
- National Diploma or NCE in a relevant field.
- Desirable 6 months experience in a similar position in an international NGO.
- Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri.
- Very good in Excel and Word.
- Excellent knowledge of Borno State, willing to travel locally
- Team spirit
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Capacity to mobilize community
- Well organized and rigorous
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Fill the form and make sure to mention in the form the reference of the position you are applying for,
- If pre-selected you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will done on the rolling basis and PUI reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.