The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Jos Sub Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Water and Habitat Assistant
Location: Jos, Plateau
- Support the team in follow up of basic administrative procedures: payment, correspondence, hand over and donation certificates
- Ensure that all relevant documents for contracts (Requisition orders, Purchase Orders, contracts, amendments, and selection tablets) are available, archived and shared with all staff concerned
- Collect data of project beneficiaries from engineers in change, compile and submit to Team Leader;
- Organize water and habitat department internal weekly meeting with inputs of the team leader, prepare and share list of action point for follow-up
- Compiles contributions to the Weekly Operational Report, tracking sheet, WPA, cash forecast and submit to the Team Leader
- Compile teams weekly plans of movement and request vehicle allocation
- Participate to Wathab department external meetings when possible, prepare minutes of meetings and submit them to the engineer in charge for approval before diffusion
- Prepare payment documents, collect signatures and submit to finance responsible
- Keep water and habitat contact list up to date
- Maintain stationeries stock for the department
- At least a Diploma Degree preferably in Accounting.
- 1-2 years in same experience
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- High capacity to work in a team
- High motivation, proactive and taking responsibilities
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Very good communication skills
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate “Water and Habitat Assistant Jos” as the subject of your application
- Application intended for this role without the above subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.