We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager
Requisition ID: 1700002V
Location: Lagos – Head Office
Job Code: STR/213/FBH
Job Type: Full-time
- Exciting career opportunity exit within FBN Holdings Plc for a dynamic, suitably, qualified, focused, energetic, competent and self-motivated individual to join its vibrant team as a Financial & Regulatory Reporting Manager.
- The search is targeted mainly at candidates with multi-tasking ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic and ever-evolving environment.
- Reporting to the CFO, the ideal candidate must be extremely knowledgeable in financial accounting, group account preparation with a strong understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- The candidate must have demonstrable experience in the preparation of consolidated financial statements, group accounts, regulatory reporting especially SEC, NSE and CBN.
- The candidate will also be required to have a sound knowledge of the Nigeria tax laws and administration, strong presentation skills and an advanced appreciation of Ms Office tools.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, half yearly and year-end IFRS complaint financial reports for the Group.
- Coordinate the Corporate Office and Group’s annual audit exercise by appointed external auditors, and any examination or enquiry regulatory authorities
- Prepare and coordinate the rendition/filing of returns as required by the NSE, SEC and CBN in line with industry framework
- Drive the automation of group reporting instructions, processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with all statutory & regulatory requirements.
- Handle all regulatory issues, liaising with regulatory bodies to protect Group’s interest
- Conduct analytical review procedures to validate actual results against budget forecast, and understand trends viz-a-viz business activities.
- Coordinate the review of statutory accounts for all individual subsidiaries, and ensure that they are adhered to at all times
- Monitor compliance with the Group financial reporting instructions and provide timely feedback to Head of Finance
- Provide technical guidance and regular updates on changes to International Financial Reporting Standards to all subsidiaries to aid full IFRS compliance by all subsidiaries
- Ensure compliance with Holdco’s policies, relevant legislation, IFRS, and other best accounting practices
- Appropriate management, recording and rendering of Payee deductions
- Computation and proper recording of WHT and VAT as applicable on dividend, fees, contracts and all transactions to appropriate Inland Revenue Services
- Preparation and filling of relevant tax returns to appropriate tax authorities (WHT, VAT,PAYE, CITA)
- GL maintenance, monthly proofs, reconciliation and system control
- Coordination of MIS Reports
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (preferably in finance or accounting)
- Professional accounting certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience in financial reporting and coordination of audit exercises and reviews.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.