Whyte Cleon Limited – Our Client, a fast growing multi branch company in the furniture component trading and manufacturing sector. They offer the widest range of decors & colors in the country. Included in their services are production of 3D design rendering and material optimization.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reports to: Management
Overall Purpose of Job
- Ensure liquidity of the organisation
- The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations/ branches, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy in all branches.
- Maintains inventory by supervising monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory on software and physical availability.
- Issue and prepare timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Internal Relationships: Interacts with all employees in the organization
- External Relationships: All the company’s customers
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- Seven+ years of experience, including two years of supervisory responsibility. Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
- High integrity
- Advanced degree in Accounting or ICAN, ACA and ACCA preferred/ added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Ability to meet and establish deadlines.
- Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Corporate accounting experience, including overheads and payroll.
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with “Financial Controller” as subject.