Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist
Location: Maiduguri with frequent travel throughout the northeast states (Adamawa, Borno, Gombe and Yobe) and periodic trips to Abuja.
- We are seeking an experienced Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Nigeria Rural Resilience program. With external and internal factors creating an increasingly dynamic and challenging environment, the program is expected to focus on increasing the resilience of vulnerable, mostly rural, households to shocks and stress.
- This position is contingent on funding.
- The Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist will lead components designed to enhance household economic status and expand / diversify livelihoods opportunities.
- S/he will work closely with other technical component leads to ensure alignment between initiatives and activities. S/he reports to the DCOP.
- The Economic Strengthening/Livelihoods Specialist is responsible providing technical direction to project implementation and ensuring the project meets stated goals, expected results and reporting requirements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervision and/or mentoring of relevant technical staff,
- Conducting regular site visits to observe project progress, validate data and obtain feedback from participants and stakeholders,
- Collaborating with the technical team and senior leadership to adapt project work-plans and approaches based on performance and contextual factors,
- Contributing to progress reports,
- Managing relevant project expenditures in-line with the budget and donor and organizational policies and requirements, and
- Representing the project and organization at technical meetings and with stakeholders (other NGOs, government officials, etc.).
- Education Requirements: Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to Commerce, Economics, Business Management and Administration or related field of study;
- Minimum five years of experience managing complex development projects, with least two of these years working in West Africa, preferably Nigeria.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of best practice interventions and approaches designed to improve household economic status and expand livelihoods options and opportunities
- Excellent knowledge of household finance education / capacity-building approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level;
- Significant experience ensuring programs include and benefit vulnerable and marginalized populations (e.g. women, elderly, individuals with disabilities, the very poor);
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English required
- Strong skills in Hausa and Kanuri preferred
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.