We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
- Purchase goods and supplies needed by the company.
- Negotiate prices for good and quality products.
- Analyze price proposals and other information to determine reasonable prices
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization
- Meet with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to be sure that vendors and supplies comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and to determine the need for changes
- Maintain and review records of items bought, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Work out agreements with suppliers, such as when products will be delivered
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, and delivery speed
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers warehouse and distribution centers, where necessary, to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Supervision: This role reports directly to the Head of Operations
- Contacts: You will be required to liaise on a day-to-day basis with other departments; i.e. Finance and Kitchen
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar position
- OND or HND in any field of study
- Extended work hours when required and meet tight deadlines; Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Speed and Accuracy, Good Negotiating Skills, Good Communication Skills
- Effective planning and time management and must have an experience in Purchasing.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as subject of email.