Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: Vehicle Movement Officer
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- S/he has the responsibility of supporting CHEERS head office and state team members with transport and logistics services to project locations, facilities and sites.
- Ensuring that the project vehicle is used for project related activities only
- Obtaining approval for use of the project vehicle before embarking on any activity
- Completing of the vehicle log/register
- Fuelling of the project vehicle in coordination with the Admin/Finance officers
- Maintaining of the petrol utilization log
- Maintaining of the routine vehicle maintenance records with vendors
- Ensure compliance of all traffic rules as well as CHEERS vehicle movement policies
- Daily cleanliness of the project vehicle
- Ensure that all occupants of the vehicle wear seat belts at all times
- Obtaining invoice from vendors on vehicle and equipment servicing
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should be holders of a University degree
- At least 5 years’ work experience in driving and logistics support in an NGO/Commercial sector.
- Experience in implementing TB/HIV services in any of the states listed above.
- Experience in Global Fund project will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of basic of computers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
- Ability to work in and around team building environment and work under pressure
What We Offer
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com