Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: State Team Lead
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- The state team lead will provide overall leadership and management of CHEERS TB/HIV program in the state in a manner that strengthens partnerships and coordination with the state government and other partners, and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS Treatment, Care and Support response efforts in the state.
- Serves as CHEERS representative in all matters related to TB/HIV activities in the state and with all other concerned parties.
- Spearheading coordination, implementation and reporting of TB/HIV program in the state
- Ensure optimal resource management of the program in the state.
- Lead the development of an integrated TB/HIV plan for state in collaboration with the Head Office Program Management Unit
- Operationalize TB/HIV program plan in the state ensuring efficient coordination of resources to maximize integration and synergy of activities towards achievement of set targets and performance expectation
- Establish system in the state for project monitoring, evaluation, reporting using national tools and instance.
- Support the state HMIS team to strengthen state M&E data system with periodic analysis and review to inform and enhance program management at the state level.
- Establish a system for timely relevant technical support to all focal/supported health facilities in the state
- Take responsibility for management of the state TB/HIV program budget and all other resources under the direction of the head office Program Management Unit
- Advocate and represent CHEERS at the highest level in the state on matters related to TB/HIV.
- Liaise and network with relevant CHEERS partners and co-implementers in the state to improve CHEERS visibility, coordination of activities and promotions of shared advocacy agenda.
- Supervise staff and manage staff performance and development
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep the Head Office management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- MBBS qualification with an advanced degree in Public Health (MPH) and/or Management
- Five years plus management experience in TB/HIV programs especially managing Global Fund, USG programs at state level.
- At least three years’ experience in managing a team of at least five persons and also in HIV/AIDS treatment, care and support.
- Must have managed similar programs in any other of the states listed above
- Experience in planning and budgeting required
- Proven programmatic, technical and managerial expertise in providing support to institutions/states to strengthen their management and/or leadership capacity, systems and processes, and sustainability potential
- Demonstrated capacity to collaborate with colleagues, teams and partner organizations to achieve result.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Comfortable with a team approach to management and the ability to manage several major activities simultaneously.
- Proficiency in MS Office, basic research application like Epi-Info, SPSS etc will be an advantage
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret the most complex document and respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com