Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- S/he will provide office support services by implementing administrative procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative activities on the project.
- The overall responsibilities also include making travel and meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Assist in maintaining workflow by studying methods; implementing administrative schedules; and developing admin related reporting procedures.
- Supports the admin officer to create and revise systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements as well as implementing changes.
- Assists the admin officer in conducting and enhancing administrative staff performance by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Support the admin officer in resolving administrative related challenges by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Liaise with Admin officer to complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should be holders of a University Degree in Social or Health Sciences with at least 1-2 years of work experience in a donor funded project in Nigeria.
- Good/ working knowledge of TB/HIV administrative management especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project management and administration will be an added advantage.
- Analytical capacity and experience in finance planning and reporting.
- Computer skills (MS Office), knowledge of basic accounting and grant management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
What We Offer
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org