Centre for Health, Education, Economic, Rehabilitation and Social Security (CHEERS) is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment.
CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant position listed below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Desired Start Date: January 2018
Summary of Position
- The main purpose of the position is to provide technical support in the Finance Department through financial reporting, internal control management and administrative support.
- Capturing all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner for the purpose of generating management and donor reports.
- Processing payments while ensuring adherence to minimum compliance requirements by the donor.
- Ensuring that internal controls within the computerized accounting systems are safeguarded and working well
- Allocation of expenses to the relevant programs and department.
- Tracking the employee advances on monthly basis and following up on the recovery process or management action
- Support the Finance Manager in undertaking monthly closeout procedures such as bank accounts reconciliations
- Undertaking reconciliation of all balanced sheet items periodically and ensure that all the accounts are kept current and all reconciling items identified and reconciled.
- Preparing monthly management accounts and periodic donor financial reports as per CHEERS and donor reporting guidelines
- Managing the fixed assets register and all accounting requirements in the assets management e.g. reconciliation of assets with the accounting system records.
- Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring that fund requests are received, reviewed, analyzed and disbursed within the given timeframe.
- Supporting the Finance Manager in the preparation of annual financial statements and timely completion of annual audits.
- Supporting all CHEERS program and non-program audits.
- Supporting in staff orientation on CHEERS financial guidelines and requirements in order to implement activities and execute budgets accordingly.
- Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a harmonious working environment; while strengthening team-building by encouraging active participation and interaction at all levels.
- Managing and supervising Finance interns, assigning tasks accordingly
- Filing statutory deductions in a timely manner with the relevant authorities.
- Ensuring systematic filing of all supporting documentation for the project.
- Supporting HR with the staff payroll and ensuring its accuracy.
- Performing appraisals for Finance Department interns and volunteers
- Attending meetings related to areas of responsibility as may be assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Providing recommendations to the SMT on improving CHEERS Financial, Administrative or Management procedures
- Any other duties that are not specifically stated above but will necessarily come within the framework of your operation shall be assigned to you from time to time by your immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidates should be holders of a University Degree in Accounting or Financial Management. Further professional qualification in the accounting and social sciences with at least 3 years of work experience in TB/HIV in Nigeria will be an advantage.
- Experience in QuickBooks software implementation.
- Solid working knowledge of TB/HIV financial management especially in a treatment setting.
- Experience in Global Fund project management and administration.
- Strong analytical capacity and experience in finance planning and reporting.
- Computer skills (MS Office), knowledge of basic accounting and grant management software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to learn quickly and expand scope of functions.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to assume ultimate responsibility, work under pressure.
What We Offer
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- Candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com