Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
We are recruting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Midwife
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Starting date: ASAP
Line Manager: Sexual Reproductive Health Supervisor
Line reports: NoneLength of contract: 6 months
Possibility for extension: YES
Under the supervision of the Sexual Reproductive Health Supervisor, the Midwife will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Provision of free of charge reproductive health consultations
- Implementation of health education
- Health consultations
- Prepare all the material and equipment and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing reproductive health consultations
- Participate actively in triage activities before to start reproductive health consultations
- Perform antenatal consultations according to the protocols , detect and mention all the risk factors
- Perform postnatal consultations during the 6 weeks following the delivery, give appropriate treatment and refers to female medical doctor when needed.
- Perform family planning consultations and counseling according to protocol
- Give systematic prophylactic treatments to pregnant women
- Refer to the female medical doctor all pregnant women with a pathology associated to the pregnancy
- Verify the tetanus vaccination of each pregnant woman
- Explain in details the treatment to the patient
- Manage RH emergency cases with the assistance of the medical doctor according to MdM protocols and regulation
- Fill in the reproductive health form for each patient
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Give health education sessions to the patients in the different waiting areas
- Spread main messages about health education for the following topics: immunization, antenatal care, post-natal care, assisted delivery, family planning, at-risk pregnancies, breastfeeding and weaning
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Perform the daily data collection regarding reproductive health consultations
- Participate to the weekly computerization and analysis of the reproductive health data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to the team leader
- Participate in a pro-active way to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Participate to all the trainings organized by MDM
- Certify Midwife
- Experience in similar position for at least 2 years
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English
- Team player
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a two page curriculum vitae, three work-related references and one page cover letter, in One Document -MS Word or PDF explaining how your skills and experience match the job requirements stated above to: firstname.lastname@example.org , write the job title and your name in the subject line.
- Only applications by email will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are unable to accept phone calls.
- We’ll pay attention only to the complete files in English.
- Our process of selection include some written tests and oral interviews.
- Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 2 weeks, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.
- MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.