EDC Schools which comprises Monika Kindergarten/Elementary Schools and St. Paul Academy, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Physical and Health Education Teacher
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- To develop in each child an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each child to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of students in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each child’s ability.
Other responsibilities include:
- Teaches knowledge and skills in physical fitness, health education, rhythms and dance, and individual, dual, or team sports, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified by the State ministry of Education.
- Works co-operatively with other teachers in planning a balanced physical education program.
- Analyzes, demonstrates, and explains basic skills, knowledge, and strategies of formal sports, games rhythms, and fundamentals of body movement.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each child.
- May teach Physical Education classes for handicapped pupils, interscholastic athletics, or drill teams.
- Provide appropriate safety instruction and make safety checks on equipment and field areas to insure the overall safety of children.
- Maintains control of storage and use of school-owned sporting facilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of students behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive environment in the physical education areas.
- Evaluates each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and contribution in team sports.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the management
- Selects sport uniforms, equipment, and instructional aids during games and maintains required inventory records.
- Communicates with parents and school management on students progress.
- Identifies students needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in departmental committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by management.
- A bachelor’s Degree with major or minor in Physical Education is required.
- Degree in relevant discipline may serve as an advantage.
- Experience: 2 years and above
Important Qualities Required:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Math skills
- Organizational skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Computer Skills
Application Closing Date
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process.