Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant (National Contract Only)
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Officer in Mubi.
- She/He provide Support in term of field payments and she/he is responsible for archiving all the finance documents.
- She/he Works within the financial procedures of DRC, municipal policies and procedures and in compliance with all national acts and legislation.
- The Cashier/Archivist supports the Finance Officer with reports for senior management in country.
- Technical College (Govt. approved) diploma in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
- At least 1-2 years work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in an NGO or the commercial sector.
- Hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas
- Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Candidates should apply with CV’s and Cover Letter indicating and explaining their suitability to the position.
- Candidates should provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “The Recruitment Manager”
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.