Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Deputy Project Manager
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Deputy Program Manager will be based in Damasak, Borno State and support the FSL Project manager in managing and implementing the French Embassy (Resilience and recovery through cash for assets for conflict affected populations in Damasak) project in North-Eastern Nigeria. Through early recovery CFW to the vulnerable IDP and host community households in order to improve nutrition security and assist livelihoods recovery in Northern Nigeria
The specific objectives includes but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementation of FSL Cash for assets activities in collaboration with the FSL PM and technical support team
- Ensure program quality and adherence to program objectives, including respect of Action Against Hunger technical guidelines, systems, and established deadlines
- In close coordination with the M&E and field team, reinforce and coordinate regular program monitoring activities, i.e. baseline, PDM, endline activity tracking and continues monitoring.
- Lead the implementation of French Embassy project (Resilience and recovery through cash for assets for conflict affected populations in Damasak)
- Larger systems support suitable for livelihoods group linkage within the project locations and foster linkages with the identified support systems in a bid to ensure project sustainability.
- Support the FSL Project manager in engaging communities and livelihoods groups in identifying community assets and related livelihoods recovery through participatory approach and joint mapping and prioritization according to the program design.
- induction of project team and project volunteers including briefing on all relevant components of the project according to the mission’s principles.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in FSL related studies e.g. Agro-economy, Natural Resource Management, Anthropology, Disaster Risk Management etc. Higher level degree will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum two years’ work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts as well as FSL related program and managing inteventions (cash base transfer, IGA, agriculture/livelihoods)
- Have experience in implementing programs on behalf of donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA) funded activities.
- Possess excellent team management skills, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Be willing to travel regularly to remote areas, where services are limited.
- Have excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be fluent in Kanuri and English.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply