Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will be based in Damasak, Borno state and report to the Community Mobilization Officer.
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will work with the Community Mobilization Officer to implement community mobilization for conflict affected populations in Damasak (resilence and recovery) project.
The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Support the implementation of the mobilization activities at LGA level in line with the work plan to adhere the deadlines.
- To coordinate with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of the community mobilization activities.
- Provide assistance in training, orientation to the target communities regarding the mission’s project, health and hygiene, Nutrition and other mobilization activities based on project requirements.
- Provide inputs for the tools based on findings at field level to ensure technical standards, guidelines and methodologies are communicated and understood.
- Assist in engaging stake holders at LGA level.
- Contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through good quality input for lessons learnt, best practices, evaluations.
- Supervision of community mobilization field teams (community volunteers, daily hired staff) within sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all Action against Hunger mobilization, trainings and IEC material building.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of higher national diploma in Health Education or related field and previous experience in hygiene promotion and community mobilization preferably.
- The ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Have the willingness and capacity to be flexible.
- Be proficient in English and Hausa.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online