COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Human Resource Officer will work closely with the Country Administrator to support COOPI offices in Nigeria in managing, developing and following HR policies according to COOPI policies and the national regulation.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator, he/she:
- Coordinate human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Support COOPI staff Admin base in all steps related to the selection process and HR administration in general.
- Drafting all new contracts to be submitted for approval to the Country Admin and signature of the Head of Mission or Head of Base.
- Prepare on monthly basis:
- Pay slips
- All kind of payments to the public authorities (e.g. taxes, contributions, …) related to the staff
- Update the data base for staff leaves
- Support COOPI staff in all steps related to annual staff evaluation.
- The HR officer will be responsible to follow-up renewal and request visa for expatriate staffs
- Assist the Logistics Manager in the preparation and submission of UNHAS Online Passengers and Cargo Booking Requests and in the printing of all related e-Tickets as received from UNHAS.
- Responsible of HR (Local and expatriate) archive folder
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- First Degree in Law, Business Administration or Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources and or a professional HR certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3+ years post graduate experience in Administration/Human resource management, preferably in an International Organization;
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary human resource issues and best practices
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws and ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy issues
- Must be familiar with participatory approach to developing HR Processes and Systems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees’ personal details
- Must possess the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be fair and objective in handling situations related to employee relations
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills and experience
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (CV (max 3 pages), Cover Letter (max 1 page), Minimum three qualified reference contacts) to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for Human Resource Officer”.
Note: Any late application or incomplete submission will not be considered and thus will be disregarded immediately. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.