We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optometrist
Employment Type: Full Time
Key Responsibility Area
Management of New Patients at the Out-patients Clinic:
- Participate in taking the comprehensive clinical history of patients.
- Participate in performing detailed clinical examination of the patients using the slit-lamp, direct ophthalmoscope, binocular ophthalmoscope, contact tonometer and any other instruments that may be required.
- Order/request for relevant investigations needed to make diagnosis.
- Perform investigations that may be required for patients’ management (OCT, B-Scan, FFA).
- Interpret the investigation results and explain to the patients
- Make diagnosis of ocular disorders using the above listed activities.
- Explain in clear and simple terms to patients their eye conditions or disorders.
- Management of old patients at follow up clinic
- Measures same as listed above
- Management of Patients scheduled for Ophthalmic surgical procedures
- Participate in pre-operative preparation of patients:
- Detailed evaluation
- Request for routine and specific investigations.
- Ensure all necessary documentations are done e.g. informed consent, physician clearance where necessary, pre-op drug instructions.
- Explain to patients in simple and clear terms the surgical procedure being planned.
- Participate in surgery day evaluation including marking the eye, ensure dilatation where required and availability of all material needed for the surgery.
- Perform ophthalmic surgeries wherein he possesses requisite training, skills, proficiency and competency with minimal risk of complications.
- Participate in the post-op care of patients:
- Ensure patient is stable at immediate post-op period.
- Enter/Write surgical notes and post-op instructions in the EMR.
- Review patient on 1st post –on visit and on other appointment visits as Referral of Patients
- Participate in referring patients to other subspecialty of ophthalmology within Me Cure eye center using the EMR.
- Participate in referring patients accordingly to other designated caregiver outside Me Cure with appropriately written detailed medical report.
- Participate in the training and supervision of support staff for capacity building. Such staff includes the optometrists, nurses and CHEW.
- Participate in the training of students /interns attached to Me Cure by affiliated training institutions.
- Participate in the initiation and /or performance of clinical research that will enhance the quality of care.
- Continuous Medical Education
- Participate in CME (both local and international) for the purpose of capacity building and as part of requirements for renewal of practicing license.
- Possession of an MBBS.
- Residency in Ophthalmology
- Postgraduate Degree in Ophthalmology
- Professional experience of at least two (2) years.
- Good leadership and mentorship skills.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Decisiveness and determination.
- Interest and concern in patient care.
- Rational approach.
Required Licensure, Certification:
- Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (Registered Ophthalmologist)
- Certificate of Practicing License
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com