We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer/Research Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles administrative and human resource management activities of the outgrowers unit division for seeds production –Maize, Rice, Sorghum and Cowpeas;
- Develops and implements FULLY seed development plan with outgrowers
- Coordinates the procurement and distribution of agricultural inputs for seed production at all levels;
- Manages and records all material and financial expenses diverted to outgrowers;
- Advises farmers on financing of farm operations (inputs, labour) and on proper utilization of inputs to improve the livelihood of the household;
- Develops and implements performance monitoring and evaluation system;
- Prepares plans and budget which enable the unit to achieve its goal
- To work effectively with breeding and production unit to implement field trials, to allot field sites and to design and implement a seasonal plan for all experiments and demonstrations for rice and maize
- To supervise and train both staff to complete field operations including cultivation, irrigation, spraying and harvesting and to ensure safe operations for seeds in conjunction with seed breeding unit.
- To manage the purchasing and maintenance of all field equipment, including sowers, sprayers, cultivators etc for experimental field supplies.
- To ensure good pest and disease management in trials with the use of appropriate IPM practices.
- To ensure that all field sites and especially the demonstration site are well presented and maintained and to supervise the collection and storage of seed of all demonstration
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Comprehensive CV’s, Letter of Intent to: email@example.com