Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the SCOM is responsible for strategically managing the production, processing and logistics of the FS in the QBS portfolio.
- The SCOM will ensure that production and demand plans and activities are aligned and visible across the business;
- Develop systems and S&OP processes, including timely reporting of any issues that may impact plans;
- Field production is done in both a timely and effective manner, to make sure that the planned quantities of seed of specified QBS quality is produced and available as required;
- Approve the recruitment of growers and the implementation of the field production plans from responsible units.
- Effectively manage inventory (including storage and transport) to optimize working capital deployment and assure seed quality is maintained, providing visibility to inventory by line by stocking point;
- Putting in place planning and logistics systems and processes that integrate with the company finance system;
- Lead on development of high impact cost savings and service delivery models for strategic sourcing, and within the context of the specific performance aspirations and Value Seeds business plans.
- Develop framework agreements with suppliers to allow Value Seeds Limited more flexibility around goods or services contracted both in terms of volume and relevance of goods and services while ensuring that each purchase represents the best value.
- Organise procurement & tendering processes in a manner that meets the five metrics of delivering goods and services with a) right quantity, b) right quality, c) right price, d) right time and e) the right location.
- Establish and ensure that operating budgets are followed.
- In coordination with production team, manage day-to-day business aspects of producing seed.
- Manage vendor relationships by clearly communicating expectations, monitoring procurement and supply activities to ensure deliveries meet established specifications and that applicable guidelines are met regarding the quality of the items received timeliness and product availability.
- Negotiate favourable agreements and contracts to gain appropriate savings and service levels; also ensures all legal contract requirements are met.
- Oversee physical stock audits and reconciles inventory records; also manage and coordinate periodic and annual inventory of stock items working with Internal and External Auditors and Finance personnel.
- Ensure the use of Equipment and fleet management systems to monitor costs and performance and prepare management reports.
- Develop Fleet management action plan:
- Masters degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or any other relevant discipline of study.
- Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management highly desirable.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Critical focus on providing a superior service level to managers and colleagues and delivering agreed results within time and budget constraints and to expected standards.
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Comprehensive CV’s, Letter of Intent to: firstname.lastname@example.org