Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Seed Quality Assurance Officer
The position holder will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in multiplication of virus-free maize, rice, planting material using several different rapid multiplication methods;
- To assist in running research trials and maintenance of the seed store as needed.
- Assist in testing of treatments to improve multiplication rate and reduce cost of rapid multiplication systems in the laboratory and field;
- Assist in planting, maintenance, data collection, harvesting and post-harvest handling of crops from variety trials on-station and on-farm;
- Assist with sales of certified -basic seed include keeping records of sales and facilitating payment and deposit of revenue from stem sales;
- Participate in training of technicians and partners on methods of crops multiplication;
- Assist in supervising subordinate staff on field, laboratory and screenhouse activities;
- Lead in in collection and analyses of field data including preparation of quality technical reports;
- Assist in selecting, developing and improving capacity of seed outgrowers and partners through training and other related capacity- building initiatives.
- Assist and monitor variety demonstrations conducted by the company to sector partners including NGOs
- Support sales and communications staff in preparing materials for publication on websites, pamphlets efforts and project success stories.
- Develop annual forecast plants for breeding and multiplication forecasts
- Identify and develop seed multiplication and breeding sited within the company premises and from outgrowers
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Comprehensive CV’s and Letters of Intent to: email@example.com with the Job Applied for as subject