Value Seeds Limited was incorporated in 2009 and started business same year. We are in the business of research, multiplication and distribution of field crops; importation and distribution of assorted vegetable seeds. We are licensed by National Agricultural Seeds Council. We are a member of SEEDAN (Seeds Entrepreneurs Association of Nigeria) and one of the 8-member Ad hoc Committee set up to run the affairs of seed industry in Nigeria today.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales & Marketing Manager
- We have an immediate opening for a Sales & Marketing Manager. This results driven individual should have experience developing and driving a channel approach to growing our brand and our sales, connecting with our customers and coordinating the sales and marketing teams within our organization.
- Responsibilities include developing and achieving marketing and sales goals that are aligned with short and long term strategic plans of the company and providing strong, creative leadership.
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to plan, prioritize, execute and monitor success of all key sales and marketing programs. These will include: on-line sales, wholesale and retail store activities, trade shows, community engagement, social media activities, catalogues, newsletters and pos campaigns;
- Prepare detailed sales and marketing plans and budgets for approval and manage the successful execution thereof and ensure the coordination and communication between teams;
- Motivate and coordinate the activities of the sales and marketing teams to peak performance by providing support and direction, participating in hiring, performance feedback, training, coaching and holding the team to standards of excellence.
- Contribute to the overall strategic plan for Value Seeds Limited.
- Understand current trends in our industry (sales and marketing), expand our target markets and update our programs to improve and enhance our brand, as well as improve customer experience and sales;
- Plan and deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution;
- Measure and report performance of marketing campaigns;
- Maintain quality control and creative consistency in all marketing activities;
- Oversee and help produce valuable and engaging content that attracts and expands our target groups.
- Develop realistic growth forecasts and present sales and expense KPIs and management reports in a timely manner;
- Develop/expand relationships with gardening, farming and lifestyle communities including on-line influencers, bloggers, and initiate campaigns to strengthen the Value Seeds Limited brand;
- Identify and pursue potential new customers and target markets as well as new product and pricing opportunities;
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team;
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
Education and Skills
- Degree or Diploma in Sales / Marketing or other related courses;
- 5+ years’ experience managing sales and marketing for a consumer based Brand, preferably in a similar industry with direct experience in digital, wholesale and retail sales;
- Experience managing and coordinating both inside and outside sales efforts;
- Strong grasp of and experience in both traditional and digital marketing (including catalogue / wholesale and retail programs and social media strategies) in a high growth environment. Record of positive leadership, superior communication &organization skills, people and project management skills with the ability to coordinate, analyze, prioritize and deliver results in a collaborative work environment;
- Knowledge of on-line analytic tools, (Analytics, etc.), Design and Graphics , Website and online marketing (Amazon, SEO, PPC, etc.) and writing and editing content/ad-copy would be an asset;
- A highly motivated individual who possesses high standards of excellence, and entrepreneurial spirit and the utmost integrity;
- Industry experience preferred but a keen interest in agriculture is a must!
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Comprehensive CV’s, Letter of Intent to: email@example.com with the Job Applied for as subject of the mail.