We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Driver
Job ID: 74968
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Type of Contract: FTA Local
Post Level: GS-2
Duration of Initial Contract: Initial Duration of 1 year
- Under the overall guidance of the State Programme Officer, the Driver provides logistics/transport services to staff and visitors ensuring timely delivery of quality service, manages assigned vehicle effectively with due considerations to cost-effectiveness, passenger safety and MOSS compliance.
- The Driver captures and monitors costs for services rendered and ensures timely cost recovery and cost-effectiveness.
- Promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNFPA Rules and Regulations in delivery of services to clients.
- The Driver works in close collaboration with Operations, Programme, government counterparts and other non-resident UN agencies to ensure timely and consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions
- Implementation of CO Workplan and operational strategies
- Support to travel management processes
- Manages vehicle fleet and transport services and team
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives office vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel;
- Delivery and collection of mails, documents and other items;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc; performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean, keeping well the maintenance related records;
- Ensures vehicle related documentation for example licenses and insurance policy are acquired and maintained up to date
- Prepares and maintains vehicle related Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Reports to the State Programme Officer (SPO) any fault detected in any of the UNFPA vehicles;
- Makes Photocopies of mails and other official documents as may be required in the office or during workshops/seminars;
- Distributes mails as appropriate to all staff within the office and to other parties for example government, NGO offices, UN Agencies, Diplomatic missions, individuals etc involved with UNFPA;
- Maintain records on travel in order to facilitate efficient tracking and monitoring.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports:
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking:
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Nigerian national (male or female)
- Good understanding of the local language is added advantage
- Have at least completed Secondary School Education and have a School Leaving Certificate
- Possess valid professional driving license and Trade Test Certificate
- Have the ability to read and write English
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional driving experience with a reputable organization
- Work history of at least 3 years in the UN system or an international organization is desirable.
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online