Imo International Health Systems is a provider of health services with the goal of enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. We focus on reducing the healthcare risk of the community by providing quality services for the sick and encouraging preventive behaviors. Imo International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA based healthcare organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Oncologist
Location: Owerri, Imo State.
- Orders several diagnostic testing which includes biopsy, imaging procedures and blood test so as to achieve a specific diagnosis.
- Reviews test results and determine the stage as well as the type of cancer.
- Provide patient with detailed information regarding cancer, the prognosis of the disease and possible interventions or treatment options that the patient may undergo.
- Monitor patients starting from their diagnosis until the entire process of treatment.
- Will be responsible in developing treatment plans according to a great number of factors which covers the nature and type of cancer as well as patient’s preferences.
- As part of the monitoring process, success candidate will be required to frequently orders diagnostic test in order to know whether the patient is progressing or if the treatment is effective or not.
- Ensure the patient feels comfortable through treating their pain and managing any side-effects of the chemotherapy given.
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, (MBBS),
- Fellowship, West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to: email@example.com