Imo International Health Systems is a provider of health services with the goal of enhancing the wellbeing of all individuals. We focus on reducing the healthcare risk of the community by providing quality services for the sick and encouraging preventive behaviors. Imo International Health Systems is a chain of hospitals that is established based on Public Private Partnership between Imo State Government of Nigeria and International Quality Healthcare Consulting LLC, a USA based healthcare organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Histopathologist
Location: Owerri, Imo State.
- Studies human tissue to provide data to delineate cause and progress of disease that impairs body function: Trains and oversees laboratory personnel in preparing tissue sections or prepares tissue sections from surgical and diagnostic cases and autopsies.
- Examines tissue under microscope to detect characteristics of cell structure indicative of disease and writes diagnostic reports.
- Devises and directs use of special stains and methods for isolating, identifying, and studying function, morphology, and pathology of obscure or difficult-to-identify cells, tissues, and connecting fibers.
- May conduct autopsies to select tissue specimens for study.
- May engage in research to develop techniques for diagnosing and identifying pathological conditions.
- May study anatomy of body tissues, formation of organs, and related problems to obtain data on body functions.
- Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery, (MBBS),
- Fellowship, West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send a copy of their application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org