The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Procurement Officer
- Under the direct supervision of the Director, SCM, the incumbent will be responsible for the activities of the Procurement and supply chain management.
- The job holder will Independently develop, negotiate, execute and administer, all types of unique, complex, high risk, legally binding contracts for goods, trade services, personal and professional services.
- S/he will coordinate contract amendment process, ensuring that amendments are in compliance with original solicitations and contract statements of work.
- S/he will be responsible for procuring, commodities, equipment, furniture, supplies and miscellaneous services in support of the operational requirements of the organization.
- S/he will coordinate all phases of contractor selection process. Understand, recommend and apply the appropriate method of solicitation, evaluating the risk associated with the contract, advertising format, insurance requirements, methods of compensation and other matters concerning procurement.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Minimum of Master degree or equivalent qualifications. At least six years relevant professional work experience in similar job functions especially in NGO or international organization.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Significant working experience in large scale HIV/AIDS, TB or Malaria program and health commodity logistics, and/or supply chain strengthening essential.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Strong PC application skills, including complement of MS Office software, with strong capabilities in Project & Access.
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of a new way of working.
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.