The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Electronic Medical Records Associate
Unit: Strategic Information Management
- The incumbent will support the deployment and implementation of database systems and new database design decisions and initiatives.
- S/he will maintain database in conjunction with the SI and program staff to match strategic program or implementation changes.
- S/he will maintain and innovate a system database that improves the organization’s ability to inform program implementation, analyze data, and present impact to key stakeholders.
- S/he will ensure all relevant program staff are able to utilize the database to analyze program information and results.
- Will provide training in the use of data management and analysis tools, including advising the program teams, SI unit and management team on how the database systems need to be maintained and managed to ensure maximum use and flexibility.
- The jobholder will review data being collected to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- HND or University Degree in Computer science, Information System or related field.
- At least 4 years’ experience Local or International NGOs; preferably in Care and treatment.
- Experience with use, deployment and EMR management.
- Knowledge of Access or other programming language a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and run database queries.
- Ability to work under pressure cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to analyze and interpret large amount of information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.