The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Clinical Services Officer-PMTCT
Unit: Clinical Services
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around HIV prevention with particular focus on integrating PMTCT into maternal and child health.
- The jobholder will provide medical and technical expertise and training for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment efforts including antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation in PMTCT.
- This will include scale up of the provision of combination ARV regimens and antiretroviral treatment (as appropriate) as prophylaxis.
- The role will include strengthening linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs;
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Advanced degree in Nursing/Midwifery, Medicine, or Public Health.
- At least 6 years’ clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment Experience in providing PMTCT services.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment; knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS and PMTCT
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.