The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Support Associate- Laboratory Services
Unit: Laboratory Services
- The incumbent will provide general program information and assistance and conduct activities to support laboratory program implementation.
- S/he will be responsible for communicating all program related matters and/or specific policy information related to the unit.
- Assist in upâ€‘dating and/or developing policies and procedures and support the system for document control.
- The job holder is responsible for planning and coordinating all laboratory related trainings in collaboration with the CQIM unit.
- S/he will design, coordinate and implement a system for the real time follow up on all outstanding unit tasks and action plan in line with approved timelines.
- S/he will assist in the preparation of the laboratory administrative reports and collation of success stories.
- Provide daily administrative & logistical support to the lab team & other staff as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Laboratory Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or related science from an accredited university.
- 2 years’ experience in preferably in the NGO context.
- Previous experience in the same position and knowledge of laboratory data management will be an added advantage.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.