The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Laboratory Diagnostics
Unit: Laboratory Services
- The incumbent will report to the Director, Laboratory Services and provide support in the planning, coordination and implementation of laboratory services delivery and laboratory related activities across health facilities and communities.
- Coordinate the design, planning and implementation of laboratory services delivery according to national and international standards ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop guidelines, tools, SOPs and recommendations related to implementation and monitoring laboratory total quality management in high technology laboratories.
- S/he will be responsible for the design, coordination and monitoring of the Laboratory Continuous Quality Improvement mechanism and Sample Referral Network across varying levels of healthcare and geographical locations.
- S/he will ensure optimal functionality and linkage of the Laboratory Information System.
- S/he will design and coordinate a system for the real time monitoring of laboratory functionality and equipment capacity utilization; and trending to inform evidence based decisions.
- S/he will support for the correlation of new procedures and assays, policy and procedures review and supporting documentation.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Medical Laboratory Science. Master’s degree preferred.
- A valid certificate to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist is mandatory.
- 6 years’ experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context including 2 years at senior-level.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the current principles and techniques surrounding the management of laboratory services with experience in the coordination and implementation of evidence based Laboratory Quality Assurance mechanisms.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices.
- Experience in a laboratory setting in the areas of molecular diagnosis (viral load determination, drug resistance testing, genotyping and nucleic acid sequencing) is a must.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.