The Centre for Integrated Health Programs (CIHP) is a leading indigenous non-governmental organization established to promote better health outcomes for all Nigerians through creation of strong and sustainable health systems. The organization evolved from Columbia University’s International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs (ICAP) in 2011 and has continued to support family-focused, comprehensive high-quality, HIV/AIDS care and treatment activities in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Officer
Unit: Supply Chain Management
- Under the supervision of the Director of Supply Chain Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of technical guidance on repair/renovation of facilities supported by the organization.
- The jobholder will review tender documents related to instructions, conditions, specifications and drawings and prepare contract documentation.
- S/he will conduct site visits and meeting with contractors, subcontractors, consultants, architects and government entities.
- S/he will prepare contractor and vendor evaluation criteria for materials, equipment and services’ quality, price and specification compliance and conduct vendor submission analysis and prepare evaluations.
- The jobholder will prepare project specifications and cost estimates and planning, cost analysis, cash flow charts and BOQ for pre-contract concept and valuation reports.
- Will monitor the price changes in the materials prices database and provide forecast of future rates for items of works.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of Master’s Degree or equivalent qualifications in Civil/Building Engineering, Surveying, Architecture or related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supervising building /facilities maintenance projects.
- Good knowledge of donor regulations especially USG rules on renovation/repair works.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building abilities.
- Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions.
Candidates are expected to possess:
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, with high impact influencing and persuasive skills and able to represent the organization to donors and partners
- Good experience of using Ms. Word, Excel or applicable software related to position
- Commitment to and understanding of organization’s vision, values and principles including rights-based/gender approaches would be expected.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and a suitability statement of not more than 200 words as a Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the JOB CODE and the applicant’s FULL NAME e.g. MSS-02 – John Bull.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.